Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Culture Shock?

So, she not only doesn't speak English which makes the communication almost impossible (although I can tell when she's laughing at me) but yesterday she never saw a microwave which was relatively easy to show her. But now she wants a bucket and soap to wash clothes and put them outside. I showed her the washing machine but Mummy says that while they have washing machines they're not common and she doesn't trust the washing machine... What's the washing machine going to do? Eat her clothes? That's only dryers with socks.... So, I don't have a bucket so going to buy one. But, apparently she only uses powdered soap so now I have to go buy a big bucket and powdered soap even though my HE washing machine won't take powdered soap.... Nothing beats the look on her face when she saw the automatic kitty litter. Understood that indoor house cats go in the litter here but when we were standing there and it began scooping out the solids and putting them in the bin she thought it was something straight out of the Jetsons......... Quite funny but I don't think my previous life (as in last week) had much room or patience left over to take on more.... Or, perhaps that's just the hangover talking......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is funny!
You should write more!